Clapton Concert Details: Glasgow
On 12 May, Eric Clapton and His Band performed a 17-song set at Glasgow's SECC, following an opening set by Andy Fairweather Low and The Low Riders. One long-time fan told Where's Eric, "Eric's playing was sublime, helped by excellent sound quality. I deliberately hadn't looked at any previous set lists, so the inclusion of Gary Moore's Still Got The Blues was a pleasant surprise. Eric also paid an almost un-noticeable tribute to Cornell Dupree, the jazz guitarist who died a few days ago, by mentioning his name midway through on of the solos during the acoustic set (I think it was on Same Old Blues). Having seen EC many times, it's always interesting to see how he re-invents some songs, often with a few simple, subtle changes. Wonderful Tonight is a good example with Eric gently strumming the guitar in parts of the song."
Eric's band features Chris Stainton (keyboards), Tim Carmon (keyboards), Willie Weeks (bass), Steve Gadd (drums), Michelle John (backing vocals) and Sharon White (backing vocals).
Next up on the tour schedule are two concerts in Cardiff on Saturday and Sunday. Then, on 17 May, EC kicks off an 11-night residency at London's Royal Albert Hall which will include 5 nights with Steve Winwood.
12 May 2011 Set List
SECC - Glasgow
01. Key To The Highway
02. Going Down Slow
03. Hoochie Coochie Man
04. Old Love
05. I Shot The Sheriff
07. Nobody Knows You When You're Down And Out
08. Still Got The Blues (Gary Moore)
09. Same Old Blues (JJ Cale)
10. When Somebody Thinks You're Wonderful
13. Wonderful Tonight
14. Before You Accuse Me
15. Little Queen Of Spades
For set lists and fan reviews from all 2011 Eric Clapton Concerts, CLICK HERE
For a complete list of upcoming Eric Clapton Concerts, CLICK HERE
For the complete Eric Clapton Tour Archive, CLICK HERE
HOW TO SUBMIT SET LISTS, REVIEWS & PHOTOS TO WHERE'S ERIC!
As always, Where's Eric! will be publishing set lists and reviews in the Tour Section of whereseric.com but, WE! can't do it without YOU! If you're heading to one or more of the gigs in the next few weeks, help build the permanent Eric Clapton Tour Archive on this website. It doesn’t matter if it’s your 1st Eric Clapton concert or your 101st – everyone’s perspective is welcome! Thousands of EC's fans from all over the world visit whereseric.com daily to check out what songs are played and read what other fans have to say about the shows. Here's how you can help keep your fellow fans informed:
- Email details to email@example.com:
- Include show date and venue name
- The complete set list
- Your review
- Be sure to include your name and city so it can be featured with your review (no aliases or anonymous submissions, please. Upon request, we will use your first name and surname initial only.)
- Feel free to include information about EC's guitars, amps and effects pedals
- You can also send your photos from the concert or of memorabilia. Things like tickets, handbills, programmes, posters or local concert advertising (the best photos may be even be published in Where's Eric! Magazine). All photos should be at least 500K in file size; sending your original, unedited images is best. Scans of tickets, flyers etc. should be at 150 dpi.
The Where’s Eric! Team will try to get set lists and reviews posted as quickly as possible after a show. Due to space limitations, all reviews may not be used on whereseric.com, but we'll do our best. When sending images, only submit photographs you have personally taken.
Please remember that the Where's Eric! Team is made up of a very small number of fan-volunteers. It is impossible for the staff to be at all shows on a tour. That's why we ask our fellow fans to assist in building an accurate concert archive by submitting set lists and other details from each tour stop. Even if you don't have the time to write a full-fledged review, feel free to participate in this project by sending the complete set list. After all, WE! can't do it without YOU!