Clapton In Japan: Tokyo Night 2
For the second of four concerts at Tokyo's Nippon Budokan - and Eric Clapton's 201st concert in the country since 1974 - the guitar legend rearranged the songs in the set making for a more powerful show according to fans in attendance. Opening with "Pretending", Eric and his band presented 18 songs in 1 hour 50 minutes. Highlights included "After Midnight," "Honest Man," "Driftin'", "How Long" (sung by Paul Carack), and "Crossroads". Several fans told Where's Eric! that the evening's standout number was "Little Queen of Spades" continuing the trend of the past few tours. Tsuzuki H concurred and said "Eric's solo thundered in the hall".
The big news out of the arena was reported by Dave L who travelled from England to attend the Tokyo concerts. A flyer made available at the venue indicated that once again WOW WOW TV will film one of Eric's upcoming concerts in Japan. It will be broadcast in April 2014. Correction: There was an error in translating the flyer. WOW WOW TV will broadcast the Crossroads Guitar Festival 2013 this April. No EC concerts in Japan will be filmed for television broadcast.
Eric is back at the Budokan on February 21 and 28 with stops in Yokohama, Nagoya and Osaka scheduled in between. From Japan, he heads to Thailand, Singapore, Dubai and Bahrain where he'll wrap the first leg of the tour on March 8. Later in the year, Eric will bring his tour to the U.S., U.K, Germany, Austria and Poland.
Eric Clapton & His Band - February 20, 2014 Set List
02. Key To They Highway
03. Tell The Truth
04. Hoochie Coochie Man
05. Honest Man
06. Wonderful Tonight
07. After Midnight
09. Nobody Knows You When You're Down And Out
10. Alabama Woman
12. Tears In Heaven
13. How Long (Paul Carrack / Vocals)
14. Before You Accuse Me
16. Little Queen Of Spades
18. High Time We Went (Encore - Paul Carrack / Vocals)
Eric Clapton – guitar, vocals
Chris Stainton – piano, keyboards
Paul Carrack - organ, keyboards
Nathan East – bass
Steve Gadd – drums
Michelle John – backing vocals
Sharon White – backing vocals
CALLING ALL CLAPTON FANS!
A huge thank you to all of the fans who have already checked in. All of us here at Where's Eric! hope we'll be hearing from more of you as the tour continues. As always, the WE! Team will be publishing set lists and reviews in the 2014 Eric Clapton Tour Archive here on whereseric.com but WE! can't do it without YOU! If you're heading to one or more of the gigs in the next few weeks, help keep your fellow fans informed. Thousands of EC's fans from all over the world visit whereseric.com daily to check out what songs are played and read what other fans have to say about the shows. Here's how to help:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with
- Show date and venue name
- The complete set list
- Your review
- Include your name and city so it can be included with your review (no aliases or anonymous submissions, please. Upon request, we will use your first name and surname initial only.)
- Feel free to include information about EC's guitars, amps and effects pedals
- You can also send your photos from the concert or of memorabilia. Things like tickets, handbills, programmes, posters or local concert advertising (the best photos may be even be published in Where's Eric! Magazine).