Clapton Kicks Off Norwegian Wood Festival
Eric Clapton headlined opening night of Oslo's annual Norwegian Wood Festival on Thursday, 9 June at the Fronerbadet in Vigeland Park. With only 8,000 tickets being sold per day, it is one of the smaller summer festivals worldwide. This year, things got off to a wet start as the rain poured down during Clapton's set. Despite the weather, the sound was brilliant (hats off to the crew!) and EC and his band turned in a solid show. EC tweaked the set list to include Tell The Truth and brought back When Somebody Thinks Your Wonderful (which had been dropped in Stockholm). Support was the Norwegian folk / rock band Real Ones. EC's 2011 Scandinavian tour wraps on Saturday 11 June at the Jyske Bank Boxen in Herning, Denmark. His tour then goes on hiatus until October when it picks up in South America.
Were you at opening night of the Norwegian Wood Festival or any of EC's May / June concerts? Tell Where's Eric! about it! Send your review to email@example.com. All fan reviews will become a permanent part of the 2011 Tour Archive on whereseric.com.
CLICK HERE for set lists and fan reviews for all 2011 Eric Clapton Concerts.
Eric Clapton & His Band
9 June 2011 - Norwegian Wood Festival, Oslo
01. Key To The Highway
02. Tell The Truth
03. Hoochie Coochie Man
04. Old Love
05. Tearing Us Apart
07. Nobody Knows You When You're Down And Out
08. Same Old Blues (JJ Cale)
09. When Somebody Thinks You're Wonderful
12. Wonderful Tonight
13. Before You Accuse Me
14. Little Queen Of Spades
HOW TO SUBMIT SET LISTS, REVIEWS & PHOTOS TO WHERE'S ERIC!
As always, Where's Eric! will be publishing set lists and reviews in the Tour Archive Section of whereseric.com but, WE! can't do it without YOU! If you're heading to one or more of the gigs at the Royal Albert Hall, help build the permanent Eric Clapton Tour Archive on this website. Thousands of EC's fans from all over the world visit whereseric.com daily to check out what songs are played and read what other fans have to say about the shows. Here's how you can help keep your fellow fans informed:
- Email details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include show date and venue name
- The complete set list
- Your review
- Be sure to include your name and city so it can be featured with your review (no aliases or anonymous submissions, please. Upon request, we will use your first name and surname initial only.)
- Feel free to include information about EC's guitars, amps and effects pedals
- You can also send your photos from the concert or of memorabilia. Things like tickets, handbills, programmes, posters or local concert advertising (the best photos may be even be published in Where's Eric! Magazine). All photos should be at least 500K in file size; sending your original, unedited images is best. Scans of tickets, flyers etc. should be at 150 dpi.