Clapton At The Royal Albert Hall: The 2011 "Dust Up" Begins
Eric Clapton and His Band have been on the road touring since February, but Tuesday 17 May marked a very-special night: the first concert of Eric's 2011 Residency at the Royal Albert Hall. Over the years, Eric has often likened the London venue to "playing in his front room" due to its intimacy and familiarity. For music lovers, it's also a great venue to see a concert in. The acoustics are good, the stage is low, the front rows are about 10 feet from the stage and even the farthest seat is is closer than the mid-point of many larger arenas. Now through 1 June, Eric will perform 11 concerts at the Albert, the last 5 with his Blind Faith bandmate, Steve Winwood.
For night one, the 17-song set list was quite similar to last week's Ireland / UK dates with "Tearing Us Apart" making it's first appearance of the Spring Tour late in the show. It replaced "Before You Accuse Me."
Eric's 2011 Touring Band is Chris Stainton (keyboards), Tim Carmon (keyboards), Willie Weeks (bass), Steve Gadd (drums), Sharon White (backing vocals) and Michelle John (backing vocals). Andy Fairweather Low & The Low Riders open all evenings.
Were you there? Tell Where's Eric! about it! Send your review for this (or any night) on the tour to email@example.com.
CLICK HERE for fan reviews from this concert and all 2011 Eric Clapton Concerts.
Eric Clapton & His Band
17 May 2011 - Royal Albert Hall (Show #1)
01. Key To The Highway
02. Going Down Slow
03. Hoochie Coochie Man
04. Old Love
05. I Shot The Sheriff
07. Nobody Knows You When You're Down And Out
08. Still Got The Blues (Gary Moore)
09. Same Old Blues (JJ Cale)
10. When Somebody Thinks You're Wonderful
13. Wonderful Tonight
14. Tearing Us Apart
15. Little Queen Of Spades
HOW TO SUBMIT SET LISTS, REVIEWS & PHOTOS TO WHERE'S ERIC!
As always, Where's Eric! will be publishing set lists and reviews in the Tour Section of whereseric.com but, WE! can't do it without YOU! If you're heading to one or more of the gigs at the Royal Albert Hall, help build the permanent Eric Clapton Tour Archive on this website. Thousands of EC's fans from all over the world visit whereseric.com daily to check out what songs are played and read what other fans have to say about the shows. Here's how you can help keep your fellow fans informed:
- Email details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include show date and venue name
- The complete set list
- Your review
- Be sure to include your name and city so it can be featured with your review (no aliases or anonymous submissions, please. Upon request, we will use your first name and surname initial only.)
- Feel free to include information about EC's guitars, amps and effects pedals
- You can also send your photos from the concert or of memorabilia. Things like tickets, handbills, programmes, posters or local concert advertising (the best photos may be even be published in Where's Eric! Magazine). All photos should be at least 500K in file size; sending your original, unedited images is best. Scans of tickets, flyers etc. should be at 150 dpi.
Please remember that the Where's Eric! Team is made up of a very small number of fan-volunteers. It is impossible for the staff to be at all shows on a tour. That's why we ask our fellow fans to assist in building an accurate concert archive by submitting set lists and other details from each tour stop. Even if you don't have the time to write a full-fledged review, feel free to participate in this project by sending the complete set list. After all, WE! can't do it without YOU!