Clapton & Winwood: Tokyo Night 2
Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood played a brilliant second concert at Tokyo's Nippon Budokan according to those in attendance, many who have traveled more than halfway around the world to see these very special gigs. There was a minor change to the set list, with "Pearly Queen" once again replacing "Midland Maniac". One fan told Where's Eric!, "Eric's in a great mood and played very well today but for me, the first show was a bit better" Another said, "a brilliant and high energy second Tokyo gig. Eric, Steve and the band were in super form tonight." Still another long-time fan wrote, "Almost half of the set list were highlights - 'Pearly Queen', 'Crossroads', 'Georgia On My Mind', 'Gimme Some Lovin'' and more. 'Presence Of The Lord' had an absolutely fantastic staccato wah-wah rhythm in the beginning. I've never heard EC play it this way before. Eric and Steve started off 'Voodoo Chile' with a slow burn and then it simply exploded. Great night."
Three nights remain to the duo's 5 night residency at the venue: 6, 7 and 10 December.
Eric Clapton & Steve Winwood Set List - 3 December 2011
Nippon Budokan, Tokyo (JP)
01. Had To Cry Today
02. Low Down
03. After Midnight
04. Presence Of The Lord
06. Well Alright
07. Hoochie Coochie Man
08. While You See A Chance
09. Key To The Highway
10. Pearly Queen
14. That's No Way To Get Along
15. Wonderful Tonight
16. Can't Find My Way Home
17. Gimme Some Lovin'
18. Voodoo Chile
19. Dear Mr. Fantasy (encore)
20. Cocaine (encore)
Eric Clapton – guitar, vocals
Steve Winwood – hammond organ, piano, guitar, vocals
Chris Stainton – keyboards
Willie Weeks – bass
Steve Gadd – drums
Michelle John – backing vocals
FANS! WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU! - HOW TO SUBMIT SET LISTS, REVIEWS & PHOTOS TO WHERE'S ERIC!
As always, Where's Eric! will be publishing set lists and reviews in the Tour Archive Section of whereseric.com but, WE! can't do it without YOU! If you're heading to one or more of the these gigs in Tokyo, help build the permanent Eric Clapton Tour Archive on this website. Thousands of EC's fans from all over the world visit whereseric.com daily to check out what songs are played and read what other fans have to say about the shows. Here's how you can help keep your fellow fans informed:
- Email details to email@example.com
- Include show date and venue name
- The complete set list
- Your review
- Be sure to include your name and city so it can be featured with your review (no aliases or anonymous submissions, please. Upon request, we will use your first name and surname initial only.)
- Feel free to include information about EC's guitars, amps and effects pedals
- You can also send your photos from the concert or of memorabilia. Things like tickets, handbills, programmes, posters or local concert advertising (the best photos may be even be published in Where's Eric! Magazine). All photos should be at least 500K in file size; sending your original, unedited images is best. Scans of tickets, flyers etc. should be at 150 dpi.
Please remember that the Where's Eric! Team is made up of a very small number of fan-volunteers. It is impossible for the staff to be at all shows on a tour. That's why we ask our fellow fans to assist in building an accurate concert archive by submitting set lists and other details from each tour stop. Even if you don't have the time to write a full-fledged review, feel free to participate in this project by sending the complete set list. After all, WE! can't do it without YOU!