Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood: Night One at Wembley Arena
Heading down the motorway to London from Birmingham, Eric Clapton, Steve Winwood and their band put on a spectacular concert at Wembley Arena on Thursday 20 May. Where's Eric! had a few short text messages from fans who attended all reporting that "Voodoo Chile" is the monster song of the evening. Our favourite was "VooChile=OMG!" This was also true of last year's U.S. Tour when the song was the highlight among highlights on a nightly basis. Another fan told Where’s Eric! that "both guitars transition within a song so unassumingly easy and it works perfectly between Hammond and guitar as well. Why Eric and Steve have taken almost 40 years until 2007 to find out that they match so well is a mystery forever. To watch and hear the joy of them playing is a privilege." With only two shows under their belts, it already sounds as if this tour is not to be missed! The duo perform at Wembley Arena again on Friday 21 May.
Clapton, Winwood & Company then move on to Antwerp (23 May), Paris (25 May), Dusseldorf (28 May), Arnhem (29 May), Malmo (31 May), Berlin (2 June), Hamburg (3 June), Munich (5 June), Vienna (7 June), Belgrade (9 June), Bucharest (11 June) and Istanbul (13 June). Tickets are still available for select concerts. Steve will also join Eric at the third Crossroads Guitar Festival on 26 June in Bridgeview, Illinois.
Eric Clapton & Steve Winwood Set List / Wembley Arena 20 May 2010
01. Had To Cry Today
02. Low Down
03. After Midnight > Presence Of The Lord
04. Shape I'm In
05. Glad > Well Alright
06. Tuff Luck
07. Pearly Queen
08. Forever Man
09. Midland Maniac
10. Going Down
13. How Long
15. Can't Find My Way Home
16. Split Decision
17. Voodoo Chile
19. Dear Mr. Fantasy (encore)
Were you lucky enough to be at Wembley Arena on the 20th? Going to a gig later in the tour? If so, Where's Eric! wants to hear from you! As always, we'll be publishing set lists, fan reviews and photos for each stop on the tour on whereseric.com. Just send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Here's some more details on how to participate in the Where's Eric! set list and fan-review project:
After you attend a concert, email the following details to email@example.com:
- Show date and venue name
- The complete set list
- Your review
- Be sure to include your name and city so it can be featured with your review (no aliases or anonymous submissions, please. Upon request, we will use your first name and surname initial only.)
- Feel free to include information about EC's guitars, amps and effects pedals if you know it.
- You can also send your concert photographs, pictures of the venue or memorabilia (tickets, handbills, programmes, posters or local concert advertising). The best ones may be even be published in Where's Eric! Magazine. Please send high-resolution photographs when possible; image files 500K and up are preferred.