Eric Clapton: Cincinnati Concert Details
Eric Clapton and His Band visited Riverbend Music Center in Cincinnati, Ohio on 30 June 2010. Starting off wtih a string of back-to-back classics: "Going Down Slow," "Key To The Highway" and "Tell The Truth," the 16 song set featured plenty of blues, deep cuts and Eric's more radio-friendly material. As usual, Eric let his guitar do the talking with some memorable solos. He revised the running order slighty from the Milwaukee concert by moving "Tell The Truth" out of the opening slot. One fan told Where's Eric, "The Cincinnati concert was another awesome show. Due to unforseen circumstances, I could not make it to the Crossroads Festival, so this made up for it. Eric changed things up a bit. He opened with 'Going Down Slow' and put 'Tell the Truth' later in the line up. I was blown away with 'Little Queen of Spades'. And of course, my favorite, 'Badge'. I never tire of Eric playing it. The crowd was festive." For much of the evening, Eric played his Signature Fender Stratocasters in daphne blue and a six-string Martin for the acoustic numbers.
Clapton's touring band for the U.S. dates is Chris Stainton (keyboards), Walt Richmond (keyboards), Willie Weeks (bass), Steve Gadd (drums), Sharon White (backing vocals) and Michelle John (backing vocals). Roger Daltrey opens with a 53 minute set. He too changed things up in Cincinnati, performing a cover of "Born On The Bayou" which Daltrey dedicated to the victims of the BP Oil Spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
Eric Clapton Set List 30 June 2010
Riverbend Music Center - Cininnati, Ohio
01. Going Down Slow
02. Key to the Highway
03. Tell The Truth
04. Tuff Luck Blues
05. I Shot the Sheriff
07. Nobody Knows When You're Down and Out
08. I've Got a Rock and Roll Heart
10. When Somebody Thinks You're Wonderful
12. Wonderful Tonight
13. Before You Accuse Me
14. Little Queen of Spades
16. Crossroads (encore)
Two dates remain on Eric's touring calendar for 2010: tonight in Indianapolis, Indiana and tomorrow, 3 July, at Detroit's DTE Energy Music Theatre.
If you attended one or more of these solo shows, help build an accurate Eric Clapton Tour Archive on whereseric.com. After you go to a show, email the following details to email@example.com:
• Show date and venue name
• The complete set list
• Your concert review
• Your best concert photographs, pictures of the venue or memorabilia (tickets, handbills, programmes, posters or local concert advertising). Send high-resolution photographs when possible; image files 500K and up are preferred.
• Feel free to include information about EC's guitars, amps and effects pedals if you know it.
• Be sure to include your name and city so it can be featured with your review (no aliases or anonymous submissions, please. Upon request, we will use your first name and surname initial only.)