Eric Clapton Launches 2011 Scandinavian Tour In Helsinki
On Monday 6 June, Eric Clapton and His Band launched a short Scandinavian Tour at Helsinki's Hartwall Arena. The set list's 16-songs included well-loved Clapton favorites and plenty of blues like Going Down Slow, Hoochie Coochie Man, Before You Accuse Me and Little Queen Of Spades. On the road with Eric are Willie Weeks (bass), Steve Gadd (drums), Chris Stainton (keyboards), Tim Carmon (keyboards), Michelle John (backing vocals), and Sharon White (backing vocals).
Support on opening night was Anssi Kela, one of Finland's top recording stars. A singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist, his 2001 debut album is 5-times multi-platinum in that country.
EC performs tonight, 8 June, at Stockholm's Ericsson Globe followed by dates at Oslo's Norwegian Wood Festival tomorrow and the Jyske-Bank Boxen in Herning, Denmark on 11 June, where the tour wraps. The final appearance on EC's June schedule is a benefit concert with world-music star Pino Daniele on 24 June in Cava De' Tirreni, Italy. Eric's 2011 Tour then goes on hiatus until October, when the band heads to South America.
Were you at the Helsinki gig? Tell Where's Eric! about it! Send your review for this (or any night) on the tour to email@example.com.
CLICK HERE for set lists and fan reviews for all 2011 Eric Clapton Concerts.
Eric Clapton & His Band
6 June 2011 - Hartwall Arena, Helsinki
01. Key To The Highway
02. Going Down Slow
03. Hoochie Coochie Man
04. Old Love
06. Nobody Knows You When You're Down And Out
07. Same Old Blues (JJ Cale)
08. When Somebody Thinks You're Wonderful
11. Wonderful Tonight
12. Tearing Us Apart
13. Before You Accuse Me
14. Little Queen Of Spades
HOW TO SUBMIT SET LISTS, REVIEWS & PHOTOS TO WHERE'S ERIC!
As always, Where's Eric! will be publishing set lists and reviews in the Tour Archive Section of whereseric.com but, WE! can't do it without YOU! If you're heading to one or more of the gigs at the Royal Albert Hall, help build the permanent Eric Clapton Tour Archive on this website. Thousands of EC's fans from all over the world visit whereseric.com daily to check out what songs are played and read what other fans have to say about the shows. Here's how you can help keep your fellow fans informed:
- Email details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include show date and venue name
- The complete set list
- Your review
- Be sure to include your name and city so it can be featured with your review (no aliases or anonymous submissions, please. Upon request, we will use your first name and surname initial only.)
- Feel free to include information about EC's guitars, amps and effects pedals
- You can also send your photos from the concert or of memorabilia. Things like tickets, handbills, programmes, posters or local concert advertising (the best photos may be even be published in Where's Eric! Magazine). All photos should be at least 500K in file size; sending your original, unedited images is best. Scans of tickets, flyers etc. should be at 150 dpi.
Please remember that the Where's Eric! Team is made up of a very small number of fan-volunteers. It is impossible for the staff to be at all shows on a tour. That's why we ask our fellow fans to assist in building an accurate concert archive by submitting set lists and other details from each tour stop. Even if you don't have the time to write a full-fledged review, feel free to participate in this project by sending the complete set list. After all, WE! can't do it without YOU!