Eric Clapton Rocks MEN Arena, Manchester - 14 May 2009
After a somewhat lack-lustre show in Liverpool, Eric Clapton and His Band headed down the M62 for a gig at MEN Arena in Manchester on 14 May 2009. What a difference a day makes. In Manchester, Eric and the band were firing on all cylinders and delivered a fine performance. One fan told Where's Eric, "My initial reservations over a mediocre setlist, were blown away by his continuing ability to make some fairly old songs continue to sound fresh and resonate with an appreciative audience." The Arc Angels opened. Eric was introduced by comedian Peter Kay.
Now, it's on to London for Eric's 11 night residency at the Royal Albert Hall. Those shows happen 16 to 31 May 2009.
Don't forget to check out the Tour Section of whereseric.com for reviews and set lists from every night of the tour. New reviews are always being added, too.
Set List for 14 May 2009 / MEN Arena
01. Going Down Slow
02. Anything For Your Love
03. Key To The Highway
04. Old Love
05. I Shot The Sheriff
06. Layla - acoustic
07. Lay Down Sally
08. Not Dark Yet
09. Anytime For You
10. Somewhere Over The Rainbow
12. Little Queen of Spades
13. Before You Accuse Me
14. Wonderful Tonight
16. Crossroads (encore)
Eric Clapton - guitar, vocals
Andy Fairweather Low - guitar
Chris Stainton - keyboards
Tim Carmon - keyboards
Willie Weeks - bass
Steve Gadd - drums
Michelle John - backing vocals
Sharon White - backing vocals
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you're heading to one or more of EC's solo gigs this spring, why not send the details to Where's Eric!? All of the information becomes part of the permanent tour archive. All set lists, reviews and photos should be emailed to email@example.com.
To participate, email the following concert details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Show date and venue name
- The complete set list (this information is essential to our ongoing archival work)
- Your review
- Feel free to include information about EC's guitars, amps and effects pedals, if you know it
- Feel free to send images from the venue or of memorabilia things like tickets, handbills, programmes, posters or local concert advertising (the best ones may be even be published in Where's Eric! Magazine)
- Be sure to Include your name and city so it can be featured with your review (no aliases or anonymous submissions, please.)
Due to space limitations, all reviews may not be used on whereseric.com, but we'll do our best. When sending concert images, only submit those that you have personally taken. All reviews and set lists will be hosted in the "Tour" section of whereseric.com.