Eric Clapton, Steve Winwood: Antwerp Concert Details
Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood only have four shows of their 2010 European Tour under their belts and fans are already running out of superlatives. Last week's concerts in Birmingham and London were termed "amazing," "phenomenal," "unbelievable," and "fantastic." It was more of the same at the Sportspaleis in Antwerp on Sunday, 23 May. Eric and Steve changed the set list up a bit, dropping "Forever Man," "Pearly Queen," and Don Nix's "Going Down." One sharp-eyed fan told Where's Eric! that at least one of the set list changes happened right before the duo took the stage and was accomplished the "old fashioned" way ... one of the crew using pen on paper. In were "While You See A Chance" from Steve's 1980 album Arc of a Diver, "Going Down Slow," and a rip-roaring tune fans are calling "Slide Song (A)." But, just like the preceding shows, THE song of the night was "Voodoo Chile."
Long-time Where's Eric! contributor Heidi Widmer said, "It was quite hot in Antwerp’s Sportspaleis and musicians and audience were suffering likewise. However this didn’t affect the performance and it was another amazing show with a breathtaking Voodoo Chile. Fantastic renditions of Tuff Luck, Can’t Find My Way Home and the Slide Song as well. This tour is a real treat!"
Were you lucky enough to be at the Antwerp gig? Going to the show in Paris or one later in the tour? If so, Where's Eric! wants to hear from you! As always, we'll be publishing set lists, fan reviews and photos for each stop on the tour on whereseric.com. After all, WE! can't do it without YOU!
After you attend a concert, email the following details to email@example.com:
- Show date and venue name
- The complete set list
- Your review
- Be sure to include your name and city so it can be featured with your review (no aliases or anonymous submissions, please. Upon request, we will use your first name and surname initial only.)
- Feel free to include information about EC's guitars, amps and effects pedals if you know it.
- You can also send your concert photographs, pictures of the venue or memorabilia (tickets, handbills, programmes, posters or local concert advertising). The best ones may be even be published in Where's Eric! Magazine. Please send high-resolution photographs when possible; image files 500K and up are preferred.
Eric Clapton & Steve Winwood Set List - 23 May 2010
01. Had To Cry Today
02. Low Down
03. After Midnight
04. Presence Of The Lord
05. Shape I'm In
07. Well Alright
08. Tuff Luck
09. While You See A Chance (replaced Pearly Queen)
10. Going Down Slow (replaced Forever Man)
11. Midland Maniac
12. Slide Song (A) - song title pending (replaced Goin' Down)
14. Drifting Blues
15. How Long
17. Can't Find My Way Home
18. Split Decision
19. Voodoo Chile
21. Dear Mr. Fantasy (encore)