Eric Clapton, Steve Winwood Launch Tour In Birmingham, England. Set List Features Surprises and Blind Faith Favorites.
Eric Clapton's and Steve Winwood's 2010 European Tour got underway on 18 May in Birmingham, England. The concert, at the LG Arena, included some of the duo's best-loved songs from their days in Blind Faith ("Had To Cry Today," "Presence Of The Lord," "Can't Find My Way Home") and some outright surprises like "The Shape I'm In" and "Midland Maniac". Long-time Where's Eric! contributor Nadja T. checked in shortly after the show ended. Calling the show phenomenal, she added, While "Double Trouble" and "Little Wing" were missed, the change in the set list was suprising and refreshing. The absolute highlight was "Voodoo Chile". Also fantastic were "After Midnight," "Glad," "The Shape I'm In," "Forever Man" and the complete acoustic set. It was a nice touch that the band stayed on stage during "Georgia" and "Drifting".
On stage Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood were band members Chris Stainton (keyboards), Steve Gadd (drums), Willie Weeks (bass), Sharon White (backing vocals) and Michelle John (backing vocals).
The band and crew now head south to London for two concerts at Wembley Arena on 20 and 21 May. The 16-date tour, which will stop in 7 countries, wraps on 13 June. In June, Eric Clapton will host his third Crossroads Guitar Festival and play a small number of solo dates in America. Winwood will be on the road in the U.S. and Canada in the summer with Carlos Santana.
Eric Clapton & Steve Winwood 18 May 2010 Set List / LG Arena, Birmingham
01. Had To Cry Today
02. Low Down
03. After Midnight / Presence Of The Lord
04. Shape I'm In
05. Glad / Well Alright
06. Tuff Luck
07. Pearly Queen
08. Forever Man
09. Midland Maniac
10. Going Down
11. Georgia (Eric on electric with solo break)
12. Drifting Blues (Eric on acoustic, Steve also played on this number)
13. How Long (acoustic)
14. Layla (acoustic)
15. Can't Find My Way Home (acoustic)
16. Split Decision
17. Voodoo Chile
19. Dear Mr. Fantasy
Were you at the gig? If you were, the Where's Eric! Team wants to hear from you! As always, we'll be publishing set lists, fan reviews and photos for each stop on the tour on whereseric.com. Just send them to email@example.com. Here's some more details on how to participate in the Where's Eric! set list and fan-review project:
After you attend a concert, email the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Show date and venue name
- The complete set list
- Your review
- Be sure to include your name and city so it can be featured with your review (no aliases or anonymous submissions, please. Upon request, we will use your first name and surname initial only.)
- Feel free to include information about EC's guitars, amps and effects pedals if you know it.
- You can also send your concert photographs, pictures of the venue or memorabilia (tickets, handbills, programmes, posters or local concert advertising). The best ones may be even be published in Where's Eric! Magazine. Please send high-resolution photographs when possible; image files 500K and up are preferred.