Eric Clapton's Celebrity Cricket Day Programme Available From WE!
Seven years ago, Eric Clapton took part in his first celebrity charity cricket match in more than a decade when he fielded his EC XI against Alex Stewart's Bunbury XI at Ripley Court School, Ripley, Surrey. The 10 August 2003 match raised funds for the NSPCC, the English Schools Cricket Association and Crossroads Centre Antigua. To commemorate it, a special souvenir programme was printed and sold only at the event. Where's Eric! has acquired the remaining stock of these programmes. Now, here's your chance to own a unique piece of Eric Clapton memorabilia. For each programme purchased, Where's Eric! will make a donation to Crossroads Centre Antigua. Programmes are 5.00 GPB each, inclusive of mailing costs.
Eric was introduced to the sport of cricket by David English, former president of RSO Records and founder of the Bunbury charity cricket team. Eric fielded the ECXI in a match against the Ripley Nomads played at Ripley Court School in July 1987. A few years later, the EC XI became the Bunbury XI because of EC's touring and recording schedule. Since then, the every-changing celebrity team has raised more than 10 million pounds for various charities.
The final score on that hot August day in 2003 was Bunbury XI 305 for 6 against the Eric Clapton XI’s 304 for 12. Eric labored long and hard for his all-time best of 13. The London Daily Telegraph quoted Eric the next day as saying, “I love watching cricket but I hate playing it. Every now and then it appears to be an attractive proposition, then the game starts and reality dawns.” He continued, “I like to be good at everything I do whether its fishing, playing the guitar or singing. But the only thing cricket has taught me is humility.”
So who else was on the pitch that day besides Eric Clapton, David English and Alec Stewart? Just some of the celebrities from music, television and sport were Bill Wyman, Sir Viv Richards, Jamie Theakston, Alan Butcher, Mark Butcher, Mark Ramprakash, Martin Bicknell and more. All are featured in this great programme.
Eric Clapton's Celebrity Cricket Day Programmes cost 5.00 GBP each, inclusive of mailing costs worldwide. All orders will ship late December. To order via PayPal, follow these easy steps:
1. Log into your PayPal account at www.paypal.com
2. Click on the "send money" tab
3. In the "To" field, enter email@example.com
4. In the amount field, enter the total amount of your order (Cricket Programmes are 5.00 GBP each)
5. In the currency field, select GBP
6. In the "For" field, tick "Service / Other" then click "continue"
7. In the "Message to Recipient" area, indicate "Cricket Programme" in the subject field.
8. In the message box, type your full name and address, including postal / zip code and country.
9. Click on "send money". PayPal will generate a receipt for your purchase that will be sent to you by email.
Questions about ordering? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHERE'S ERIC! MAGAZINE BACK ISSUES 35, 37, 39 & 40 ARE STILL AVAILABLE IN LIMITED QUANTITIES. CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS.