Life In 12 Bars Coming To DVD & Blu-ray Along With Official Soundtrack
June 8th sees the release of the critically acclaimed documentary ERIC CLAPTON: LIFE IN 12 BARS on DVD and Blu-ray along along with a complementary soundtrack.featuring 5 previously unreleased tracks. The soundtrack, released by Universal, will be available worldwide. The DVD / Blu-ray is from Eagle Rock Entertainment and will be released in the US, Canada, UK and Eire. It has already been released in Australia via Madman Entertainment. Release in other countries is pending so stay tuned for more details.
Directed by Academy Award winner Lili Fini Zanuck, the in-depth retrospective of the celebrated guitarist overlays rare archive footage with audio interviews. Eric Clapton is raw and unflinchingly honest as he discusses his career and his turbulent personal life.
The official soundtrack on 2-CDs and digital formats will be released on June 8th while the 4-LP version will be available July 20th. The set comprises 32 tracks spanning Clapton’s long and illustrious career. It includes recordings by The Yardbirds, John Mayall’s Bluesbreakers, Cream, Blind Faith, Derek and the Dominos, The Beatles, George Harrison, Aretha Franklin, Muddy Waters plus Clapton’s solo work. Of the 32 featured tracks, five are previously unreleased.
From the Cream era there is a version of 'Spoonful', an incredible 17 minute tour-de-force, recorded live at the LA Forum in October 1968 during the group’s final US Goodbye tour. There are two from Derek and The Dominos – firstly, a recording of 'High', originally recorded during the 1971 sessions at Olympic Studios for their unreleased 2nd album. This track was later revisited and re-recorded for Eric Clapton’s 1975 album, There’s One In Every Crowd. Secondly, the track 'Little Wing', a tribute to Jimi Hendrix, recorded live during the Dominos' late set at The Fillmore East in New York on October 24, 1970.
Finally, there are two previously unreleased tracks from 1974; the first ever release of the entire full length recording of the international hit version of Bob Marley’s 'I Shot The Sheriff', recorded during the sessions for 461 Ocean Boulevard and a live performance of 'Little Queenie', the Chuck Berry rock ‘n’ roll classic, recorded at Long Beach Arena, California in July 1974 during EC's comeback tour to promote 461 Ocean Boulevard.
In addition, there are two alternative mixes made for Eric Clapton’s 1970 debut album. Separate mixes were made for the album, by Delaney Bramlett and Tom Dowd and also by Clapton himself. Featured in this collection are Clapton’s rare mixes of album highlights, 'After Midnight' and 'Let It Rain'.
Eric Clapton, CBE is an 18-time Grammy Award winner. He has received four Ivor Novello Awards from the British Academy of Songwriters, Composers and Authors, including the Lifetime Achievement Award and a Brit Award for Outstanding Contribution to Music. He is the only ever three-time inductee to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. He appears in Rolling Stone magazines' ’100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time’ and Time magazines ‘Top 50 Guitarists of All Time’. In his solo career, Clapton has sold more than 130 million records worldwide. In 1998 Eric Clapton founded the Crossroads Centre, an addiction treatment centre on the island of Antigua.
ERIC CLAPTON: LIFE IN 12 BARS DVD / BLU-RAY > available June 8th US / Canada / UK / Eire
Director: Lili Fini Zanuck
Writers: Stephen 'Scooter' Weintraub, Larry Yelen
Producers: John Battsek, George Chignell, Stephen 'Scooter' Weintraub, Larry Yelen, Lili Fini Zanuck
Original Film Music: Gustavo Santaolalla
Film Editor: Chris King
ERIC CLAPTON: LIFE IN 12 BARS SOUNDTRACK > available worldwide June 8th
01. Big Bill Broonzy: Backwater Blues (4.07) > The Big Bill Broonzy Story 1957
02. Muddy Waters: My Life Is Ruined (2.38) > Chess single 1953
03. Muddy Waters: I Got Mojo Working (4.28) > Live At Newport Jazz Festival 1960
04. The Yardbirds: I Wish You Would (2.19) > studio version
05. The Yardbirds: For Your Love (2.30) > For Your Love 1965
06. John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers: Steppin' Out (2.29) > John Mayall's Bluesbreakers with Eric Clapton 1966
07. John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers: All Your Love (3.37) > John Mayall's Bluesbreakers with Eric Clapton 1966
08. Cream: I Feel Free (2.57) > Fresh Cream 1966
09. Cream: Strange Brew (2.50) > Disraeli Gears 1967
10. Cream: Sunshine of Your Love (4.12) > studio version
11. Aretha Franklin: Good to Me As I Am To You (3.58) > Lady Soul / Recorded on December 16 and 17, 1967
12. Cream: Crossroads live (4.18) > Wheels Of Fire / Recorded 10 March 1968 at Winterland
13. The Beatles: While My Guitar Gently Weeps (4.45) > The Beatles / Recorded 5-6 September 1968
14. Cream: Badge (2.48) > Goodbye / Recorded October 1968 at IBC Studios in London
15. Cream: White Room live (5.41) > Live Cream II / recorded October 4, 1968 at Oakland Coliseum Arena
16. Cream: Spoonful (17.27) > live from Goodbye tour - LA Forum October 19, 1968 previously unreleased
17. Blind Faith: Presence Of The Lord (4.52) > studio version
01. Delaney & Bonnie & Friends featuring Eric Clapton: Comin' Home (7.51) > Live at Fairfield Halls
02. Eric Clapton: After Midnight (3.25) > alternate mix from Eric Clapton (first album) 1970
03. Eric Clapton: Let It Rain (5.00) > alternate mix from Eric Clapton (first album) 1970
04. Derek and The Dominos: High (3.10) > Olympic Studios, April 1971 / Derek and The Dominos second album sessions previously unreleased
05. George Harrison: My Sweet Lord (4.44) > All Things Must Pass 1970
06. Derek and The Dominos: Thorn Tree In The Garden (2.55) > Layla & Other Assorted Love Songs 1970
07. Derek and The Dominos: Nobody Knows You When You're Down And Out (5.01) > Layla & Other Assorted Love Songs 1970
08. Derek and The Dominos: Bell Bottom Blues (5.08) > Layla & Other Assorted Love Songs 1970
09. Derek and The Dominos: Layla (7.10) > Layla & Other Assorted Love Songs 1970
10. Derek and The Dominos: Little Wing (6.11) > Live At The Fillmore 1970 previously unreleased
11. Derek and The Dominos: Got To Get Better In A Little While (6.05) > studio version
12. Eric Clapton: I Shot The Sheriff (6.54) > full length version from 461 Ocean Blvd 1970 previously unreleased
13. Eric Clapton: Little Queenie live (6.00) > Long Beach Arena, Long Beach, California, July 19/20, 1974 previously unreleased
14. Eric Clapton: Mainline Florida (4.08) > 461 Ocean Boulevard 1974
15. Eric Clapton: Tears In Heaven (4.31) > studio version