Marvelous in Munich: Clapton and Winwood Perform Outstanding Set on 5 June
The 2010 European Tour for Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood is beginning to wind-down, but not so the music! On 5 June, the duo performed a monster two plus hour set on Munich's Konigsplatz. One fan who contacted Where's Eric! shortly after the concert ended said, "This is why I go to so many EC concerts - to witness and hear such great music. The gig was overwhelmingly marvelous with monster guitar by Eric and Steve and Steve's B3 in the beautiful setting of the Konigsplatz in Munich. I don't know how Eric, Steve and the band do it, but again, it was an outstanding concert with phenomenal playing. Eric let his guitar roar and scream and Steve's singing and playing was outstanding. Eric's guitar howled like there is no tomorrow."
The Munich date was the only open-air concert of the tour. There was a slight change to the set list with "Midland Maniac" (from Winwood's first solo album) replacing "Pearly Queen." Highlights included "Voodoo Chile," "Presence Of The Lord," "Crossroads," and "Dear Mr. Fantasy."
The band has a day off before performing in Vienna on 7 June. The tour wraps 13 June in Istanbul.
Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood Set List - 5 June 2010
Konigplatz, Munich (DE)
01. Had To Cry Today
02. Low Down
03. After Midnight
04. Presence Of The Lord
06. Well Alright
07. Tuff Luck
08. While You See A Chance
09. Key To The Highway
10. Midland Maniac (replaced Pearly Queen)
14. How Long
16. Can't Find My Way Home
17. Gimme Some Lovin'
18. Voodoo Chile
20. Dear Mr. Fantasy (encore)
Attention fans! Were you at the gig in Munich? Where's Eric! wants to hear from you! We're publishing set lists, fan reviews and photos for each stop on the tour here on whereseric.com. Tell us what you think! Send an email to email@example.com the following information:
- Show date and venue name
- The complete set list
- Your review
- Be sure to include your name and city so it can be featured with your review (no aliases or anonymous submissions, please. Upon request, we will use your first name and surname initial only.)
- Feel free to include information about EC's guitars, amps and effects pedals if you know it.
- You can also send your concert photographs, pictures of the venue or memorabilia (tickets, handbills, programmes, posters or local concert advertising). The best ones may be even be published in Where's Eric! Magazine. Please send high-resolution photographs when possible; image files 500K and up are preferred.