For The Record: New Eric Clapton-Related Releases June to September 2006
Blind Faith: London Hyde Park 1969 [DVD]
Available in the U.S. on 19 September 2006, already out in the UK.
01. Well All Right
02. Sea Of Joy
03. Sleeping In The Ground
04. Under My Thumb
05. Can't Find My Way Home
06. Do What You Like
07. Presence Of The Lord
08. Means To An End
09. Had To Cry Today
* DVD Extras Archive: Spencer Davis - I'm A Man, Traffic - Hole In My Shoe, Cream - I'm So Glad
* Photo gallery set to the sounds of 'Well All Right'
* Discography for each of the band members pre 1969
Chuck Berry - Hail! Hail! Rock N' Roll [DVD set]
Available as two-disc and four-disc editions with never-before-seen footage, documentaries, interviews and other bonus materials!
The unforgettable life and music of pioneering legend Chuck Berry are celebrated in this landmark feature film, capturing a once-in-a-lifetime gathering of rock and roll's finest! In 1986, Keith Richards invited a roster of great musicians to honor Chuck Berry for an evening of music to commemorate Berry's 60th birthday, including performances by Eric Clapton, Robert Cray, Linda Rondstadt, Etta James and Julian Lennon, along with archival footage of an unforgettable duet by Chuck and John Lennon! Also featuring insightful interviews with many of the original creators of rock and roll: Jerry Lee Lewis, Little Richard, Roy Orbison, Bo Diddley, The Everly Bros, and Willie Dixon. This dynamite crowd pleaser from director Taylor Hackford (Ray) will keep your toes tapping and your soul rocking all night long!
DISC ONE: The feature film, presented in a new anamorphic widescreen transfer with spectacular new DTS and Dolby Digital 5.1 audio, plus the original Dolby Stereo theatrical mix with a new introduction to the film by director Taylor Hackford and two theatrical trailers.
DISC TWO: 54 minutes of never-before-seen Chuck Berry rehearsals in DTS and 5.1 audio: "Guitar Jam" (with Keith Richards and Eric Clapton), "Mean Old World" (with solos by Eric Clapton, Johnnie Johnson, and Chuck Lavell), "Understand Each Other" (with Eric Clapton), "Hoochie Coochie Gal" (with Etta James), and "Standards Medley" (with Johnnie Johnson)! Plus ... "The Reluctant Movie Star," a one-hour documentary covering the making of the film.
SPECIAL 4 DISC SET EXTRAS: "Witness to History," featuring Little Richard, Bo Diddley and Chuck Berry together for the first time; "The Burnt Scrapbook," with Chuck Berry and Robbie Robertson revealing the remains of Chuck's collection of musical memories; "Chuckisms," a collection of classic Chuck Berry remarks; "Witness to History 2," an amazing 3-and-a-half hour look at the birth of rock music with Jerry Lee Lewis, Bo Diddley, the Everly Brothers, Roy Orbison and more!
David English - Confessions of a Dedicated Englishman [Book]
David English's charm and charisma have made him countless friends all over the world. His varied career in music production and cricket has taken him from writing songs with the BeeGees to teaching Robert Redford cricket on the set of A Bridge Too Far. He is cricket's most famous charity fundraiser through his Bunbury celebrity teams, and he counts among his nearest and dearest Eric Clapton, Ian Botham, Viv Richards and many more. The larger than life David English has many a story to tell in this fantastic romp through his eventful life which will appeal to cricket enthusiasts, music fans and those with a passion for life.
Jerry Lee Lewis - Last Man Standing [CD]
After five years and four different record labels, Jerry Lee Lewis' "Last Man Standing" will arrive 26 September 2006 on Jeff Ayeroff's Artists First label. Alternative Distribution Alliance will distribute the title. The 21-track album pairs Lewis with such artists as Bruce Springsteen, John Fogerty, Eric Clapton, Neil Young, George Jones, Willie Nelson and Rod Stewart.
01. Old Glory - Duet with Toby Keith
02. I Saw Her Standing There - Duet with Little Richard.
03. Pink Cadillac - Duet with Bruce Springsteen
04. Travelin' Band - Duet with John Fogerty
05. A Couple More Years - Duet with Willie Nelson
06. The Pilgrim - Duet with Kris Kristofferson
07. Rock 'n' Roll - Led Zeppelin song with Jimmy Page on guitar
08. Evening Gown - Duet with Mick Jagger, Ron Wood on slide guitar
09. That's What Makes An Irish Heart Sing - Van Morrison song, duet with Don Henley with Kenny Lovelace on fiddle
10. Before The Night Is Over - With B.B. King on guitar
11. Trouble In Mind - With Eric Clapton on guitar
12. What's Made Milwaukee Famous (Has Made A Loser Out Of Me) - Duet with Rod Stewart
13. Hadacol Boogie - With Buddy Guy on guitar
14. Lost Highway - Duet with Delaney Bramlett
15. Honky Tonk Women - Duet with Kid Rock
16. Twilight - Duet with Robbie Robertson
17. That Kind Of Fool - Duet with Keith Richards
18. Sweet Little Sixteen - With Ringo Starr on drums and Ivan Neville on organ.
19. Don't Be Ashamed Of Your Age - Duet with George Jones
20. Just A Bummin' Around - Duet with Merle Haggard
21. You Don't Have To Go - Duet with Neil Young
Eric Clapton - Live At Montreux 1986 [DVD]
On 18 September 2006 in the UK (US release date not confirmed, probably late September), Eagle Rock Entertainment will release another DVD in their "Live At Montreux" Series. "Eric Clapton: Live At Montreux 1986" is a 16 track disc which features Eric, Nathan East, Greg Phillinganes and Phil Collins in concert at that year's Montreux Jazz Festival. The setlist included well-known material like "White Room", "I Shot The Sheriff", "Badge", and "Layla" along with several songs from Eric's then unreleased album, "August".
02. White Room
03. I Shot the Sheriff
04. I Wanna Make Love to You
05. Miss You
06. Same Old Blues
07. Tearing Us Apart
08. Holy Mother
09. Behind the Mask
11. Let it Rain
12. In the Air Tonight
15. Sunshine of Your Love
16. Further on Up the Road
Sam Moore - Overnight Sensational [CD]
'Sam Moore: Overnight Sensational' will be released on August 29 2006. The 12 tracks feature the one and only "soul man" singing some amazing material with support from over 20 of his music superstar friends and fans including Jon Bon Jovi, Bekka Bramlett, Mariah Carey, Eric Clapton, Nikka Costa, Sheila E., Fantasia, Billy F. Gibbons, Vince Gill, Van Hunt, Billy Preston, Robert Randolph, Paul Rodgers, Bruce Springsteen, Sting, Travis Tritt, BeBe Winans, Steve Winwood, Wynonna, and Zucchero.
01. I CAN'T STAND THE RAIN - Wynonna with Sam Moore
02. BETTER TO HAVE AND NOT NEED - Bruce Springsteen with Sam Moore
03. BLAME IT ON THE RAIN - Fantasia with Sam Moore
04. LOOKING FOR A LOVE - Jon Bon Jovi with Sam Moore
05. AIN'T NO LOVE - Steve Winwood with Sam Moore
06. NONE OF US ARE FREE - Sting and Sheila E with Sam Moore
07. IT'S ONLY MAKE BELIEVE - Mariah Carey and Vince Gill with Sam Moore
08. DON'T PLAY THAT SONG - Bekka Bramlett with Sam Moore
09. IF I HAD NO LOOT - Van Hunt, Nikka Costa and Billy Gibbons with Sam Moore
10. RIDING THUMB - Travis Tritt with Sam Moore
11. WE SHALL BE FREE - Paul Rodgers with Sam Moore
12. YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL - Billy Preston, Zucchero and Eric Clapton with Sam Moore
Robert Randolph & The Family Band - Colorblind [CD]
Robert Randolph & The Family Band, led by the critically heralded pedal steel guitarist Robert Randolph, will release its second studio album "Colorblind" on 10 October 2006. "Colorblind," the follow-up to Randolph's 2003 Grammy-nominated debut, "Unclassified," is a potent mix of rock, R&B, country, blues, and gospel that Randolph says was inspired by repeated listenings of albums by Sly Stone, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, and Stevie Wonder. It ranges from the infectious funk-stomp of "Ain't Nothin' Wrong With That" to a blistering version of the Byrds' "Jesus Is Just Alright With Me" (featuring Randolph's friend and mentor Eric Clapton) to such timeless ballads as "Stronger," a duet with Leela James that was written with Steve McEwan (Faith Hill, Kenny Chesney).
1. "Ain't Nothing Wrong With That"
2. "Deliver Me"
5. "Jesus Is Just Alright With Me" featuring Eric Clapton
6. "Stronger" featuring Leela James
7. "Thrill of It"
9. "Love Is The Only Way" featuring Dave Matthews and Leroi Moore
10. "Thankful N' Thoughtful"
Tony Joe White - Uncovered [CD]
Southern singer/songwriter Tony Joe White has enlisted the help of friends like Eric Clapton, Mark Knopfler and Michael McDonald for his new album, "Uncovered." White will release it 5 September 2006 through his own record label, Swamp Records.
Eric Clapton recorded his vocals and guitar for the new version of White's "Did Somebody Make A Fool Out of You" at the legendary Olympic Studios in London, while Michael McDonald appears on "Baby Don't Look Down" and Mark Knopfler guests on "Not One Bad Thought." Late country great Waylon Jennings' voice can be heard on "Shakin' the Blues" from one of his last recording sessions before his death in 2002. J.J. Cale adds two verses to "Louvelda."
1.- Run for Cover
2.- Not One Bad Thought
3.- Did Somebody Make a Fool Out of You
6.- Shakin' the Blues
7.- Rainy Night in Georgia
8.- Baby, Don't Look Down
9.- Taking the Midnight Train
10.- Keeper of the Fire
Band Du Lac - One Night Only Live [DVD]
Eric Clapton fans know that the Band Du Lac is an all-star supergroup brought together to play occasional charity concerts in England. The DVD was released in June 2006 by Eagle Rock Entertainment. This performance took place on 11 June 2005, when the band appeared at Wintershall Estate in Surrey in aid of H.A.S.T.E. (Heart And Stroke Trust Endeavour). Appearing on stage with Eric Clapton were Gary Brooker, Andy Fairweather-Low, Mike Rutherford, Paul Carrack and Henry Spinetti. Other special guests were Katie Melua, Roger Taylor, Ringo Starr, Chris Barber and The Drifters.
02. Over My Shoulder (featuring Paul Carrack)
03. Reconsider Baby (featuring Eric Clapton)
04. Lay Down Sally (featuring Eric Clapton)
05. How Long (featuring Paul Carrack)
06. Willie & The Hand Jive (featuring Eric Clapton)
07. Crawling Up a Hill (featuring Katie Melua)
08. My Aphrodisiac Is You (featuring Katie Melua)
09. The Closest Thing to Crazy (featuring Katie Melua)
10. Lay My Burden Down (featuring Andy Fairweather-Low)
11. Say It's Not True (featuring Roger Taylor)
12. These Are the Days of Our Lives (featuring Roger Taylor)
13. I Want to Break Free (featuring Roger Taylor)
14. This World is Rich (featuring Gary Brooker)
15. Act Naturally (featuring Ringo Starr)
16. Photograph (featuring Ringo Starr)
17. With a Little Help From My Friends (featuring Ringo Starr)
18. A Whiter Shade of Pale (featuring Gary Brooker)
19. Stormy Monday (featuring Eric Clapton and Chris Barber)
20. Under the Boardwalk (featuring The Drifters)
21. Stand By Me (featuring The Drifters)
22. Cocaine (featuring Eric Clapton)
23. I Can't Dance (Everyone!)
Interviews with the key performers in "The Road To Wintershall" featurette