Bologna Shows Postponed
Eric Clapton, whilst feeling fine in himself, has again tested positive for Covid this morning. Whilst there is a strong body ofmedical opinion that after several days since the first positive test, a person is no longer infectious, it is by no means agreed by all. Accordingly, Eric does not want to travel while still testing positive and take the risk of infecting others. There is also a risk that the Italian authorities would not, in the circumstances,permit his entry into Italy.
In theory, it is possible that Eric could test negative in the morning of either Bologna shows and fly there for a concert that same evening. However, Eric and his management team think that since it is quite likely that the situation will remain unchanged over the next day or two, Eric should immediately give notice of postponement of the shows in Bologna scheduled for tomorrow and Saturday to dates later this year.
It is felt fairer to ticket holders to give as much notice as possible of the postponement in the hope that this will cause less inconvenience than if we continue to hope that Eric would be able after all to give the concerts, only to find we have to announce the postponement a matters of hours before the concert.
We are aware that many ticket holders acquired their tickets (at least for the first Bologna show) many months ago, and Eric is very disappointed and apologetic to have to add a further delay.
The next scheduled concert forming part of the current tour will be in Berlin on Sunday, 29th May by which time we have every hope that there will be no obstacle to Eric being able to perform that concert and the remainder of the scheduled concerts.
The postponed concerts will be rescheduled by the end of this year. The announcement of the new dates will be made within the next two weeks, and tickets purchased will remain valid for the new rescheduled dates.